The Terminal Supervisor will be based in our Terminal located in Tan Thanh district, Ba Ria-Vung Tau province. The Terminal Supervisor reports to the Shift Manager and is assigned to some following key tasks:
- Ensure all operations at the quay/yard are executed in accordance to priorities set by the operations requirements
- Report any problem areas of operations and implement the agreed changes to resolve the problems.
- Ensure the optimum utilisation of all equipment deployed during the designated shift period by monitoring equipment work queues and allocating equipment and personnel where required to achieve maximum productivity.
- Supervise the crane/yard equipment operators, TT drivers & labour gangs directly and ensures that each gang is organized, that each person knows what to do and when to do it for the vessel discharge and load operations according to plan in order to achieve the highest possible crane productivity.
- Act as a focal point for any stevedoring issues and ensure that the load and discharge registration is performed accurately and timely.
- Instruct subordinates in safe working practices and maintains a watch over terminal area for unsafe working practices.
- Identify and solve problems and issues within own competence on a daily basis.
- Reports problems and issues to the Shift Manager, when necessary especially issues of complexity or great impact on the operation.
- Supervise contractor’s works when being assigned.
Therefore CMIT seeks:
Candidates who are qualified, experienced, assertive, self disciplined, process and result oriented, organized, attentive to details, have a high sense of urgency, ability to work well under pressure and within a team.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Long vocational or College or University Degree in marine time, transportation, engineering, foreign trade, business administration
- At least 2 to 3 years working experience in supervisory position in port or manufacturing facilities
- Knowledge of terminal operation, vessel stowage and stability will be an advantage
- Good analytical, planning, and organizing skills
- Capability of working independently
- High proficiency in English both verbally and written
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of computerized terminal operating system will be an advantage
To the right candidate we offer an exciting and challenging position in an international and challenging environment where the candidate through commitment and performance will have great possibilities of personal development.
The resume and application are required to be in English.