Ø Inspect the condition of mechanical, hydraulic, structural systems and components of all port equipment
Ø Control the quality of the mechanic/hydraulic maintenance ( ordinary and extraordinary) carried out on all the port equipment by the contractor to ensure standard of the execution conform to OEM requirement and applicable standard
Ø Performs mechanic troubleshooting, in-house corrective maintenance, diagnostic & repair tasks as assembling, dismantling and overhaul of mechanic / hydraulic components such as gearbox, actuators, brakes, hydraulic units, engines and equipment structure and etc.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
Ø Inspect periodically the condition of the mechanic/hydraulic system and components of all the port equipment
Ø Check and control that the quality of the mechanic/hydraulic maintenance ( ordinary and extraordinary ) executed on all port equipment conform to the OEM and industrial standard requirement
Ø Disassembles units and inspects equipment.
Ø Carry out in-house corrective maintenance if requested.
Ø Monitor the timely execution of the planned maintenance by the contractor to ensure conformance to the OEM/CMIT schedule requirement
Ø Ensure that all mechanical /hydraulic activities of ordinary and extraordinary maintenance carried out are recorded accurately in the log book
Ø Informs supervisor of any workmanship issues for prompt rectification / correction by the contractor.
Ø Use the available tools to carry out predictive and condition base maintenance inspection on all the port equipment
Ø Submits to the Supervisor routine and critical inspection and monitoring reports, ensuring log book is accurate and up-to-date
Ø Ensures that work executed by the contractor conforms to safety rules and regulations
Ø Ensure that the contractor maintain tidiness and cleanliness of working areas (workshop facilities and on the equipment).
Ø Provides daily activity report, and other written reports on equipment, as needed, with accuracy and completeness.
Ø Reads mechanic drawings and hydraulic diagram, service manuals, spare parts manuals, determine & select spare parts as required
Ø Informs supervisor of any workmanship issues, requests checking of work when appropriate, and seeks approval of completed work.
REPORTING AND SCOPE (IPE Factor: Knowledge-Teams & Breadth)
The scope of this position is domestic.
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY (IPE Factor: Communication)
Staff in Tech Dpt.. at various levels
Vendors & suppliers-Machinery & spares
Contact is extremely rare & is restricted to giving & receiving information
CRITICAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
Requires a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education (diploma in mechanical engineering).
Requires at least two to four years of experience in maintenance/repair section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants.
Must have specific experiences of mechanical/hydraulic and related subjects.
Any additional training in both mechanic/hydraulic fields in any heavy industries or has been worked for car maintenance & repairing shop & welding skilled will be preferable.
Ø Specific Knowledge:
Must be able to replace/repair/adjust major mechanical/hydraulic parts such as brakes, wire-ropes, trolley, gantry wheels, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, couplings, and so forth.
Requires an in-depth ability to interpret mechanic drawings/hydraulic diagrams, simple engineering drawings, layouts and specifications.
Requires a general knowledge of mechanic and hydraulic components.
Specific technical knowledge in the maintenance and repair of quay cranes, rubber tyred gantry cranes & spreaders is advantage.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to troubleshoot and assess mechanic/hydraulic system and failures/breakdown/damages.
Ability to work as a team.
Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
1. Immediately report all job related safety injuries, illnesses, or property damage to your supervisor.
2. Immediately report any nearmisses, hazardous conditions or unsafe acts to your supervisor.
3. Use all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety devices in a proper manner and at all times where required. This may include but not limited to the following: visibility vests, hardhats, safety footwear, seat belts in vehicles, and fall protection equipment.
4. Participate in company’s HSSE activities, pre-job and regular HSSE meeting. Review JHA before doing a job if available.
5. Help contractor personnel to understand CMIT safety culture and immediately intervene if unsafe behaviors by contractor personnel are observed.
6. Reporting for work under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or the consumption or use of them on the company premises is strictly forbidden.
7. Fighting, horseplay, or distracting behavior will not be tolerated.
8. Become familiar with and observe approved safe work procedures during the course of work activities. Obey all safety rules and follow published work instructions.
9. Observe and follow all warning signs, traffic signs, no smoking signs, speed limits, and walkway markings.
10. Electronic devices such as cell phones, music devices, and earphones, are only to be used in break areas. The use of such devices while operating a vehicle is particularly hazardous and is prohibited.
11. Know emergency signals, evacuation routes, and designated assembly areas in the event of an emergency.
12. Inspect all equipment prior to use and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately.
13. Only operate equipment that you are qualified and authorized to use.
14. Riding as a passenger in a vehicle is only permitted if there is a seat provided for that purpose. Use seat belts at all times.
15. Keep all work areas clean and free of trip hazards, trash, and debris.
16. Cooperate with and assist in investigation of accidents to identify correctable cause and to prevent reoccurrence.
LEARNING & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
Ø Exposure to maintenance scheduling & planning of equipment
Ø Exposure to port equipment system and components
Relevant next career steps might be:
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. The position description will also be reviewed and revised from time to time.