This position reports to Head of IT and will worked in Tan Thanh district, Ba Ria-Vung Tau province (Cai Mep). The tasks including:
- Infrastructure and architecture responsibilities:
- Install, configure and administrate Data Centre based virtualization include hardware and software.
- Configures, installs, manage and maintains local area network hardware, software and telecommunications services such as system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, firewall, cabling, telephone devices and Internet services.
- Installs, modifies and makes repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users. This includes setup of equipment
- Installs and tests software & hardware upgrades.
- Loads specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other programs into computer.
- Enters commands and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
- Responds to department inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software and operator problems.
- Assists with network security, selecting passwords, setting security parameters, and installing anti-virus and other security software in alignment with CMIT security policy.
- Prepares system reports as needed.
- Responsible to provide related technical requirements to implement, manage the IT projects
- Maintains all of the licensing of software, making sure all documentation is completed.
- Maintains helpdesk filing system and handles the purchase requisitions for the department.
- Manages and maintains back-up and disaster recovery plans and implementation.
- Provides risk management and quality assurance.
- Prepares and maintains infrastructure security operational procedures and documentation.
- Manages the logs and audit trails requirements of the infrastructure, systems and the related data.
- This position contributes to the terminal’s operational efficiency through reliable, sustainable and easily available IT solutions and services.
- The position is responsible for considering and ensuring the confidentiality of all works, documents and information received during the course of work performance with due diligence and not to disclose any confidential information to any third-party for any purpose that is not related to the company’s business during and after the employment with CMIT.
- The position has the responsibility to read, acknowledge understanding, stay updated and set good example of compliance with the company’s policies stipulated in various regulations, guides and manuals including but not limited to the Staff Manual, IT Guide, HSSE Manual, Letter of Authority, Anti-corruption policy etc.
- The position is well defined with clear deliverables
- Level 2 end users support:
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes incoming telephone, e-mail and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other IT-related technologies.
- Interviews user to collect information about problem and leads user through diagnostic procedures to determine source of error, for simple problems. More complex problems are referred to supervision.
- Analyzes user problem and finds appropriate solutions for IT- related problems.
- Assists users in understanding various options and applications within MS Office, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Assists users in the design of Access databases for use within their departments for various purposes.
- Answers inquiries regarding status on resolving a computer problem.
- Guide users in the procedures for applying an application within the software, instructing them where to find a particular application.
- Coordinate with various vendors regarding repairs to equipment of terminals, and other issues with software or hardware; receives items and prepares documentation to accompany items.
- Provides technical assistance and training to end users.
- Supports call out service requirements, where applicable.
Therefore CMIT seeks outgoing and strong candidates with high sense of responsibility and good interpersonal skills. The candidate must be analytical, result orientated and able to work well within a team.
The ideal candidate has:
- Requires a University degree in computer science or related discipline.
- International certified professionals will be preferred (CCNA, CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, VCP-DCV)
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience in infrastructure and system administration and client support.
- Must have a good understanding of LAN/WAN and server, storage and connectivity architecture for installation, administration, and on-going maintenance.
- Have good experience an understanding of Microsoft applications such as Exchange Server, Domain controller including AD, DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, Site, File server, GPO, support system software and Virtualization Infrastructure based VMWARE
- Have a good understanding of applied networks technologies including: protocols interface, optical, etc.
- Have a good knowledge and understand computer hardware, storage for Data Centre
- Have a general knowledge of VoIP system.
- Have a good soft skill such as communication, email business writing, project planning…
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of IT-related hardware and software systems.
- Requires demonstrated ability and knowledge to troubleshoot, problem solving a wide variety of infrastructure network and architecture problems as they arise in the workplace.
- Good command of English in both speaking and writing skills.
To the right candidate we offer an exciting and challenging position in an international and challenging environment where the candidate through commitment and performance will have great possibilities of personal development.