- Ensures safety, health and environmental working conditions are followed at all times.
- Implementation of policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe and secure business operation.
- Enforce safe working practices and ensure lost time injuries are kept to a minimum.
- Drive and manage CMIT’s aim to be recognized as an industry leader within the field of Safety and Security.
- Apply the overall APM Terminals standards and guidelines on HSSE.
- Represent the company with local government organizations related to safety, security and health.
- Prepare facility audits to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Responsible for setting and achieving the budget for the HSSE department. Coordinate studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company personnel and outside agencies
- Lead the accident/incident investigation and reporting.
- Ensure that all safety, security & environmental issues are managed fulfilling the requirements of all the regulations applicable by Vietnam laws.
- Ensure that all damage claims are handled fulfilling the requirements of all the regulations applicable according to national and international laws (maritime laws).
- Ensure that emergencies are handled fulfilling the requirements of the regulations applicable nationally & internationally
- The position is one which is expected to set objectives within overall company guidelines. The position is required to provide direction in achieving the key results that fall within its functional area
- Normally the position is expected to follow existing procedures under certain circumstances, while in others the position is required to constantly improve & influence issues to bring about heightened awareness in the HSSE area.
- The position is often required to influence & impact areas which are multi-dimensional & can have an effect on all areas of the organization.
Therefore CMIT seeks:
Candidates who are qualified, experienced, assertive, well disciplined, process and result oriented, organized, attentive to details, have a high sense of urgency, ability to work well under pressure and within a team.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A college or higher degree in Safety, Health & Environment or related discipline. Experience may be substituted for the formal educational requirement. Additional specific training in fire fighting, police science, first aid and CPR required
- Requires a proven record of HSSE management experience preferably port operations and/or similar industrial environments.
- At least two years of supervisory or managerial experience
- in-depth knowledge of:
- fire prevention methods and fire fighting procedures
- hazardous materials handling and oil spill pollution equipment
- safety and health, including inspections and investigations, safety laws and regulations, international regulations and procedures, as they relate to safety and health issues in the workplace
- Good people management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including planning, directing, and monitoring activities
- Good problem-solving skills, with an ability to define the problem, examine and select the best solution, with immediate response time even under stress
- Fluency in Vietnamese and advanced level of verbal and written communications skills in English
To the right candidate we offer an exciting and challenging position in an international and challenging environment where the candidate through commitment and performance will have great possibilities of personal development.The resume and application are required to be in English.