As part of our Operation Department, Cai Mep International Terminal is looking for a competent local Gate Admin who will be responsible for the serving and communication of the gate activities and services for external customers at Pre-gate office.
The Gate Admin will be based in our Terminal located in Tan Thanh district, Ba Ria-Vung Tau province. This position is required to work in shift. The Gate Admin reports to the Gate Manager and is assigned the following key tasks:
- Ensures that communications with the shipping lines regarding trucks containers booking are clear and without error.
- Ensures that communications with the ICD’s regarding truck containers are clear and without error.
- Interact and communicate with dispatchers / terminal supervisors/ yard planners to ensure trucks and trucks traffic flow related to Gate transactions are handled in a professional and efficient manner.
- Issue the CMT (Container movement tickets) for Customers at Pre gate office.
- Issue Invoice and collecting money from Customers for their charges/fees occur at CMIT as per gate transactions correctly.
- Work and communicate with Customers about their logistics plans related to their containers dropping off or picking up.
- Work with Customs for supporting customers in some cases if requested.
Therefore CMIT seeks:
Candidates who are qualified, process and result oriented, organized, attentive to details, have a high sense of urgency, ability to work well under pressure and within a team.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- a college / University degree in Logistics, Operations Management, or related discipline.
- an understanding of truck / containers / terminal generally.
- some knowledge of accounting, billing, and associated documentation.
- a high level of documentation and organizational skills.
- ability to use computerized Terminal operation software system(s).
- familiarity with the strict implementation of international standards of safe working practices within marine, stevedoring and terminal operations.
- good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- some knowledge of tariffs, customs rules, regulations and practices.
- an understanding of good office principles.
- an understanding of good timekeeping methods
- ability to work in a rotating shift system.
- Sometimes, being able to work in hot, dusty & high wind level conditions.
To the right candidate we offer an exciting and challenging position in an international and challenging environment where the candidate through commitment and performance will have great possibilities of personal development.
The resume and application are required to be in English.