The Dispatcher will be based in our Terminal located in Tan Thanh district, Ba Ria-Vung Tau province. The Dispatcher reports to the Shift Manager and is assigned to the following key tasks:
- Ensure the all operations are executed in accordance to priorities set by the SM/ASM, report any problem areas of operations and implement the agreed changes to resolve the problems.
- Ensure the optimum utilisation of all equipment employed during the designated shift period by monitoring equipment work queues and allocating equipment where required to achieve maximum productivity.
- Supervise the gangs for the vessel discharge and load operations according to plan in order to achieve the highest possible Quay Crane productivity.
- Ensure smooth and speedy movement of containers to and/or from rail siding and external road traffic vehicles transfer area.
- Ensure all relevant data is captured and documented in tally sheet at all locations and maintain accurate shift logs and records as required.
- Maintain a watch over terminal area for unsafe working practices.
- Coordinates with the terminal supervisor and planners for the requirements for vessel and yard equipment (RTGs and reach stackers) for the shift, depending upon how many cranes are working, discharging or loading, or cycling.
- Monitors the dispatch queues to identify potential clashes and delays in the yard.
Therefore CMIT seeks:
Candidates who are outgoing, process and result oriented, well organized, attentive to details, have a high sense of urgency, ability to work well under pressure and within a team.The ideal candidate possesses:
- College or University Degree in maritime transportation and logistics operation, foreign trade, business administration, accounting or related fields
- Knowledge of terminal operation, vessel characteristics, stowage and stability
- Good analytical, planning, and organizing skills
- Good supervisory, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency in English both verbally and written
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- From 2 years of working experience in port operation planning or vessel loading and discharging planning or cargo controlling and dispatching will be an advantage
For this position, we also encourage bright fresh graduate from college and university to file your application.