Commercial and Inland Logistics Manager for CMIT in Cai Mep
Cai Mep International Terminal is looking for a highly competent and experienced local candidates for the position of Commercial and Inland Logistics Manager, a member of our CMIT’s commercial team who is accountable for delivering inland logistics’ solutions and arranging logistics’ services, in order to connect CMIT with inland locations, thus developing existing customers and gaining new business, thereby generating additional income.
Work place: both in Cai Mep & HCM office.
- Develop logistics’ solutions, for the handling and moving of containers via water ways and road, from warehouses, manufacturers’ locations, ICD’s and distribution centres to CMIT and vice versa in order to maximize efficiencies in terms of cost, time and reliability.
- Provide consultation to shippers/consignees on logistics’ services in connection with the designation of CMIT as a port for export or import.
- Develop marketing plans to promote the logistics’ services for the handling, moving and storing of containers as well as other types of cargos, thus attracting customers to CMIT’s logistics’ services. This, with the aim of generating revenue and securing a favourable position for CMIT to win and retain the carriers’ customers and beneficial cargo owners (BCO’s).
- Schedule, direct and monitor the execution of the logistics’ activities to ensure those customers’ expectations are met to their satisfaction.
- Undertakes Customer, Competitor and SWOT analyses, with a view to deciding best course of action.
- Conduct effective sales’ calls for logistics services.
- Select and manage relationship with major suppliers, vendors, or sub-contractors (barging, trucking companies) to minimize costs and ensure CMIT receives satisfactory standards of service.
- Reviews analysis of marketing surveys on current and new product/service concepts in order to recommend future development.
- Liaise with functional and operational area managers to ensure that the logistics activities are integrated with other parts of the business.
- Co-ordinates customer issues with relevant departments
- Measures and displays commercial results and periodic forecasts.
- Maintains customer data base, with individual customer and company profiles.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key accounts.
- The position will be responsible for delivering objectives that will be set within the organization’s strategy and business plans.
- The incumbent will be expected to contribute in making improvements to existing systems, practices and approaches, and will work with the operations’ department to positively influence productivity issues and working methods in order to meet customer needs.
Therefore CMIT seeks:
Candidates who are outgoing, dynamic, have deep knowledge of inland logistics in Vietnam.
The ideal candidates are described as follows:
- Have a minimum college degree in bussiness, preferrable in commercial or logistics
- Have at least 5 years of managerial experience in well-known losgictis service providers operating in Vietnam
- Must be familiar with best practices in the logistics’ industry, with respect to marketing, sales, and business development.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to meet directly with customers and represent the company in a professional, competent manner.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills and the ability to build relationships with external parties.
- Have excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyze data.
- Able to structure, conduct and facilitate analytical problem solving.
- Excellent communicator, strong leadership and influencing skills.
- Strength in organizing, prioritizing and managing multiple tasks within set deadlines.
- Ability to work systematically and an energetic, pro-activeness, positive mind-set and attitude.
- Strong drive for results and success, conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure, persists despite obstacles and opposition,
- Communicate fluently in both English and Vietnamese, both verbally and in the written format.
To the right candidates we offer an exciting and challenging position in an international and challenging environment where the candidate through commitment and performance will have great possibilities of personal development.