Division/ Department: FINANCE
Reports to: AR Supervisor
Ø Handle cash and credit payments, make change, give receipts, account for all payments, and perform related clerical duties.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (IPE Factors: Impact & Innovation)
Ø Receives completed pre-billing input from operations; verifies accuracy and completeness of all required information
Ø Prints billing invoices daily and monthly statements and mails to customer. Updates and reviews aged receivables for unpaid balances.
Ø Audits the invoices issued by Gate department
Ø Communicates with customers regarding their billing and assists with collections.
Ø Ensures billing is done timely, to ensure prompt payments to the company, complete information to the customer, and to handle any queries regarding billing.
Ø Ensure the process of posting the finalized invoices to the finance ledger using financial database.
Ø Ensures collections (accounts receivables) from customers are appropriately recorded against invoices and credits.
Ø Maintains database with current information. Compiles financial statistics for report and analysis purposes. Prepare month-end closing of AR and assist in annual audit.
REPORTING AND SCOPE (IPE Factor: Knowledge-Teams & Breadth)
The position scope is domestic.
WORK/BUSINESS CONTACTS AND AUTHORITY (IPE Factor: Communication)
All staff in the terminal though primarily with staff in HR & Finance
Relationship is shared to achievement of a common objective
Employee regulatory bodies & institutions
Normally relationship is shared tough it may sometimes be divergent although in this case this would normally be escalated for resolution.
CRITICAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (IPE Factor: Knowledge)
Ø A college or university degree in business or accounting, or related discipline
Ø Preferably one year of progressively more responsible general accounting and finance experience
Ø A general understanding of accounting principles and transactions, sufficient understanding of various accounting concepts in order to review and interpret accounting data.
Ø A thorough knowledge and understanding of revenue and banking processes and procedures.
Ø Requires the ability to interpret applicable company policies and procedures, applying them consistently and without discrimination.
Ø Proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically EXCEL spread-sheet.
Ø Good planning and organizational skills.
Ø Effective interpersonal skills.
Ø English speaking & writing smoothly
1. Immediately report all job related safety injuries, illnesses, or property damage to your supervisor.
2. Immediately report any nearmisses, hazardous conditions or unsafe acts to your supervisor.
3. Use all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other safety devices in a proper manner and at all times where required. This may include but not limited to the following: visibility vests, hardhats, safety footwear, seat belts in vehicles, and fall protection equipment.
4. Participate in company’s HSSE activities, pre-job and regular HSSE meeting. Review JHA before doing a job if available.
5. Help contractor personnel to understand CMIT safety culture and immediately intervene if unsafe behaviors by contractor personnel are observed.
6. Reporting for work under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or the consumption or use of them on the company premises is strictly forbidden.
7. Fighting, horseplay, or distracting behavior will not be tolerated.
8. Become familiar with and observe approved safe work procedures during the course of work activities. Obey all safety rules and follow published work instructions.
9. Observe and follow all warning signs, traffic signs, no smoking signs, speed limits, and walkway markings.
10. Electronic devices such as cell phones, music devices, and earphones, are only to be used in break areas. The use of such devices while operating a vehicle is particularly hazardous and is prohibited.
11. Know emergency signals, evacuation routes, and designated assembly areas in the event of an emergency.
12. Inspect all equipment prior to use and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately.
13. Only operate equipment that you are qualified and authorized to use.
14. Riding as a passenger in a vehicle is only permitted if there is a seat provided for that purpose. Use seat belts at all times.
15. Keep all work areas clean and free of trip hazards, trash, and debris.
16. Cooperate with and assist in investigation of accidents to identify correctable cause and to prevent reoccurrence.
LEARNING & CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
Relevant next career steps might be:
Ø AR Supervisor
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required. The position description will also be reviewed and revised from time to time.